Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mutating Windows!

Please don't bother updating your windows. It will do it itself. Now the thing is mutated to a stage where you can not update it manually. These are the steps I had to go thru today.

1. Noticed that my XP setup asked me to reboot as it installed an update.
2. When I restarted, I did a Microsoft update. It came up with a big list.(Wait - didn't they roll out, like 30 updates, yesterday?). I opted for download and install.
3. It downloaded all but installation failed.
4. It said another install is in progress(WTF)
5. After a while the dreaded yellow shield appeared in the tray thingy and prompted for express install. I said yes(do I have a choice at this stage?)
6. It started installing.
7. Rebooted and all is well(till tomorrow I think)

The same thing happened in another XP installation(from step 2 onwards). May be this is the right time to pass a law barring Microsoft from getting into genetic engineering. Hope it's not too late!

0 Comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks